Monday, June 14, 2010

Cobra and the Suzuki C109RT

So I've been browsing motorcycle accessories. But as I go, I realize that things blur together and I don't really have a record of anything I've learned or found. So what better place than to here on my very own blog.

Today I want to spend some serious time looking at Cobra accessories. They've been in the business for 25 years now. So let's go take a look.
www.cobrausa.com


1. The lightbar. Now this thing is cool. It gives the front of your bike a more aggressive look, and you get more light. More light is always a good thing when it comes to motorcycle safety. The downside is it is $285. But it sure does look snazzy. I don't really envy the idea of tying into the electrical system though.



2. Then there is the cobra floorboards for the passenger. I've been really wishing that when I go on a date with my wife that she would have a nice place to rest her feet. And when I get ready to take the kids on the back, they'd do better with a flat resting spot for their feet rather than a peg. The downside? $300




3. Fuel Management Mod, the Fi2000R. Why is this so important? Because when you change the exhaust or air intake, you mess with the fuel-to-air ratio for the engine. You get pings and strange sounds from the engine or with it burping and stuttering. The Fi2000R is only one mod of many that fulfills this role. Is it the best? I have no idea (that is for another blog). But it is worth mentioning. The cost is $234. Some of these fuel management mods have modes for fuel efficiency or more power. That is kind of cool.


4. New exhaust means more power and more aggressive sound. It is imperative you get a fuel manager mod too though given the fuel-to-air ratio changes by quite a bit. There are a huge variety of exhaust kits for the C109RT. How do they compare? I'm not sure. But there are lots of options, all ranging around $650. How does it compare to the competitors? I don't know that either. That's for another blog.


So what's next? Küryakyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment