Monday, June 14, 2010

Küryakyn and the Suzuki C109R (Part 1: Grips only)

I'm very excited to write about this vendor because they sell the best grips available for numb hands. My right hand goes numb after 20 minutes or so. I let it down to my side, make a fist, and it's normal again for another 5 minutes. I hope the problem subsides as I lose more weight, but for now it is a problem. A throttle rocker has helped out a bit, but not entirely. A throttle lock, or even a real-actual cruise control mechanism, would completely alleviate this problem. I just hope I don't need carpel tunnel surgery. *shrug* I suppose this is what I get for using a keyboard all day 7 days a week.

So, without any more delay. Let's talk about Küryakyn products. There are a lot of products available on their website. http://www.kuryakyn.com Select your bike type, and notice near the top you can see they have tabs for lighting, grips, footrests, controls, chrome, touring, maintenance/shop gear, and performance. This is an amazing list. Not every thing you see is available for every bike. And for my case, the C109RT is a relatively new comer so the list is shorter than you'd think. I will also be skipping stuff I don't care about so much.

1. Küryakyn Iso grips are the talk of the town so-to-speak. Every time you google numb hands and motorcycles, you see this grip. Installation is easy and they look great. They are relatively cheap as far as motorcycle accessories go. Do they work? Reviews point to yes. I haven't seen one negative review and I've looked. The cost is $74.99.



1a. Let's not move on too quickly though. This accessory has accessories. First, there is the throttle boss. This let's you control the throttle with your fingers or palm giving you variation in how you ride. The cost is roughly ~$20 depending on whether you want the small or wide version.

1b. Helmet locks! Considering every bike has one, why are these of interest at all? Because my saddle bags block my helmet lock completely. $40 each




Part 1 is over pretty much. I may add to it. But this sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment